Throwing up or Vomiting is something like a forceful discharge of stomach contents. Sometimes it causes just because such food doesn’t settle right in the stomach. Or also, it can happen to the person to have some hangover, pregnancy, overeating, or motion sickness. Underlying medical conditions may cause recurrent vomiting.
Causes of Vomiting:
Vomiting is not a severe problem, but due to a change in routine and diet, such problems can also occur.
Gas-induced vomiting in the stomach falls in the category of aphrodisiac. This type of vomiting looks like a Bitter, Foamy, and lightly a Water. But many times, it is accompanied by problems like headache, burning sensation in the chest, burning sensation in the navel, cough, and loss of voice.
The vomiting caused by the heat of bile falls in the category of bile. In this condition, yellow-green vomiting occurs, and the taste of the mouth is terrible. There may be a burning sensation in the throat. Symptoms include rotating head, unconsciousness in Pitta.
The vomiting caused by Phlegm falls in this category. The color of the vomit will be white and thick. It tastes sweet. Symptoms like feels heavy body and frequent sleepiness are natural in this type of vomiting.
Tridosha vomit is that which occurs due to Vata, Bile, and Phlegm, all three reasons. This type of vomiting can be thick, blue, or blood. The taste may be salty or sour. Apart from this, severe pain in the stomach, loss of appetite, burning sensation, trouble in breathing, and fainting are also included in its symptoms.
This type of vomiting can be caused by a foul smell, pregnancy, unpleasant food, stomach worms, or visiting a particular place. This type of vomiting is also called Sprinkling firewood.
Tips to stop Throwing Up & Vomiting
- An average person must have to take a break from eating a portion of solid food, even if you feel hungry.
- In need of guidance from your doctor, stop taking oral medicines for throwing up. These can make vomiting worse.
- Try to be hydrated by absorbing on ice chips or cold fruit pops. Take on few sips of water, weak tea, clear soft drinks without carbonation, noncaffeinated sports drinks, or broth.
- Have such Sugary drinks if you are not a diabetic person, It may calm the stomach better than other liquids.
- You slowly add bland foods like little Milk, Cooked, or frozen vegetables, fruit, or vegetable juices. Try to have some drink some fluids and check if you are not thrown up for the next 6 to 8 hours. A patient can try eating small amounts of foods such as bananas, rice, applesauce, unbuttered toast, dry crackers, or dry cereal.
- Once you’re healthy and started having solid food, eat small meals every few hours, Which can help your stomach digest food slowly.
- Until you are 100% fit, we recommend you stay away from strong odors, like tobacco smoke, alcohol, perfumes, or cooking smells or any other thing which feels like allergic to your body.
- The most important thing is to get plenty of rest so your body can recover quickly & fast.
Vomiting that is caused by medicines, surgery, or radiation therapy may be treated by taking a different medicine. Drugs are also available to treat vomiting in pregnancy and other conditions. Talk with your healthcare provider about what’s best for you.
University of Health service, University of Michigan, advised few instructions to follow after Throwing up vomiting.
Try to avoid eating food & Dring after several hours of Throwing up or vomiting. Take a small Sip of water or suck ice chips on the interval of 15 minutes for the next 3-4 hours.
You can have liquid like water, sports drinks, flat soda, clear broth, gelatin, flavored ice, popsicles, or apple juice. Try to avoid citrus juices or milk. Increase fluids as tolerated.
When you think, now you can have liquids for several hours without vomiting, and if you’re hungry, You can Eat foods after Throwing up and Diarrhea.
Try foods such as bananas, rice, applesauce, dry toast, soda crackers (these foods are called BRAT diet). For 24-48 hours after the last episode of vomiting, avoid foods that can irritate or may be difficult to digest, such as alcohol, caffeine, fats/oils, spicy food, milk, or cheese.
When you can tolerate bland food, you can resume your healthy diet.
How to stop Vomiting for Children
Keep your kid lying on their side to decrease the prospect of these inhaling vomit in their airways. It is vital to see for dehydration in children. Invite them to drink water (or suck on ice chips). See a physician if they can not keep fluids down for eight hours.
It is also possible to use any of those remedies, like crackers, massage, and fluid consumption, to assist in smoke, though you might choose to avoid using medications or remedies without your doctor’s approval.